Short stories by Leigh Turner: a summary including a dozen “Hotel Stories” and several others you can read on this site.
The Hotel Stories
Commentator and writer Matthew Parris has said of my Hotel Stories: “Charming, fun and fast-paced, Seven Hotel Stories brings Turner’s wit and vigour to that most difficult of literary forms, the short story.”
“Seven Hotel Stories” looks like this
You can see all my published writing, including Seven Hotel Stories, on Amazon. The list includes several Hotel Stories not in the above volume, such as:
- Sausages (“Hotel Stories” No. 8);
- Total Control (“Hotel Stories” No. 9);
- Chateau d’Yquem (“Hotel Stories” No. 10);
- Mr Smith Sees Red (“Hotel Stories” No. 11); and
- The Latest Thing (“Hotel Stories” No. 12).
Other short stories
Other stories you can read on this site include:
- Fixing It: a man terrorises his wife, then his daughter. She wants to make things better. A complete story.
- Taxi to London: a difficult relationship gets worse and worse. A complete story.
- The Second Phial: probably a horror story. A complete story.
- Pyongyang, Ballistic Missiles and Gorby: not a complete story but a chunky excerpt from a longer one. Comments welcome.
If you would like to try something longer, you might like to explore “My Novels”.
If you have read and enjoyed any of my books, including my short stories, please write a review – however short – on Amazon and/or Goodreads. It helps with the algorithms. If a review feels too much like work, a rating, without a review, is helpful too! A complete list of all my books is on my Amazon Leigh Turner author page.